The colors infuse a particular atmosphere that affects the state of mind and feelings. The color of the bedroom should bring serenity and calm for quality sleep. The challenge is to find the right shade. How to choose?
The bedroom must be a cozy little nest where serenity and calm reign supreme. These conditions are necessary to guarantee the quality of the rest. This room in the house is not just a place to sleep. It is a real place dedicated to intimacy. If the choice of the bed is important for a restful sleep, that of the colors used is just as much. It is therefore essential to choose a color that instills serenity, relaxation and concentration.
The different types of painting
The choice of the painting must be made above all according to the personality and the character of the person (s) occupying the place. For a child’s room, it must be borne in mind that he will tend to write on the walls. In a teenager’s room, posters will fill the walls. For these two types of rooms, it is essential to choose a washable paint and quality. Glycerol paint and acrylic paint meet these criteria. Namely that the oil paint contains toxic elements and gives off an unpleasant odor. The new generation acrylic paint has the advantage of drying quickly. Moreover, environmentally friendly, it contains no toxic elements and does not emit any odor.
For children’s rooms, it is better to use organic paints that are based on castor oil, linseed oil or soybean oil. They are odorless and do not contain toxic elements. However, the choice of colors for this type of paint is quite limited.
The paints are available in several finishes: glossy, matte and satin. The matte shade brings a cozy and soft atmosphere, favorable to rest and relaxation. It is the most suitable for the rooms. The matte finish hides the small imperfections on the walls.
To improve the comfort of the room, there are so-called “silence” paintings that can absorb some of the strident and treble sounds.
In a room the choice of colors is as important as that of the bed: prefer the colors that infuse serenity, softness and concentration – © Maison Relook Tout
Painting: the different shades
To ensure the quality of sleep, the shade must instil calm and relaxation. However, everyone is free to choose the color that suits him according to his needs and his personality. While some will opt for a sparkling shade, others will prefer softness. The choice of the hue depends on the atmosphere that one seeks to establish in his room.
- A light and soft atmosphere: we must turn to light and pastel shades by favoring the shades of blue, pink, beige and coral. Blue represents peace, serenity and freshness. To break the monotony, the room can have two or three shades of blue. In addition, blue blends with virtually all other shades, whether light or dark. Dark blue highlights objects and is suitable in the background. It is important to know that blue reflects light and provides a cozy atmosphere in the room during the day. As for pink, it represents femininity, sweetness and delicacy. It is perfect for painting a bedroom. Rose is a soothing and shimmering color. Moreover, she marries with gray and blue. However, the rose should be used sparingly to infuse sweetness and romance. In excess, this hue becomes loud.
The rose is a soft, soothing and shimmering color: it must nevertheless be used sparingly so as not to be screaming or to disgust the unattractive men – © Colors Casto
Blue represents peace, serenity and freshness: it reflects light and provides a cozy atmosphere in the room – © Pure & Paint
- A cozy atmosphere: beige and white create a natural atmosphere. It breathes harmony, simplicity and calmness. She is so perfect in a bedroom. It combines with other shades, but is also suitable for a total look. Beige brings a touch of elegance and refinement to an interior. For a modern decoration, beige can match with brown, camel and brown.
White creates a natural, harmonious and calm atmosphere – © Théodore
- Play Neutrality: The neutral color suits those who like to change their decorations from time to time. The mole is the ideal color to create a cozy and relaxing atmosphere in the room. To change the mood, just add a few touches of color through the accessories. This shade is associated with beige, off-white, light pink …
The mole is the ideal color to create a cozy and relaxing atmosphere in the room – © Théodore
Taupe color goes perfectly with light pink and white – © Pure & Paint
- A warm atmosphere: to establish a shimmering atmosphere in the room, we must turn to the bright colors: yellow, green, blue … However, we must be careful not to fall into excess! For example, red tends to shrink the space and can create a scary atmosphere.
Green is a vivid shade that creates a natural atmosphere in the room – © Théodore
- A classic and elegant atmosphere: the white and black duo can also be suitable for a bedroom. The contrast offered by these two shades brings a sophisticated and elegant touch to the room. In general, the walls are painted white while the lines and accessories (vase, bed, table …) are in black.
Opt for the white and black duo: the contrast offered by these two shades brings a sophisticated and elegant touch to the room – © Théodore