The evolutive bed is a piece of furniture specially designed to grow with its occupant. Modular, it passes easily from the cradle to the junior bed. The child can thus benefit from a familiar place to spend his nights in all serenity. How to choose this type of furniture?
Growing up with the child
Due to its adaptable nature, the evolutive bed supports the growth of the child . This will make him feel comfortable and safe despite the change in appearance of his bedding. This is a simple way to help him get through his growth smoothly. In general, these beds are extensible thanks to bed bases, battens and mattresses. Some models have removable safety barriers to facilitate their transformation into a junior bed. When the barriers are removable on one side, the bed can become a charming bench.
Small child will become big: evolutionary beds are a long-term investment – IKEA
Logically, the evolutionary bed offers several sleeping dimensions . It is designed to adapt perfectly to the needs and especially to the size of its occupant over time. Depending on his age, he allows the child to sleep and play in a safe environment. In addition, this type of bed offers a significant saving of time and space . Even in a small room, it is no longer necessary to arrange the room to accommodate a new bed. Just deploy the furniture already present in the room. In addition, many evolving beds are equipped with built- in storage .
The evolutive bed accompanies the growth of the child thanks to its modular nature – © Mathy By Bols
Main advantages of the evolutionary bed
Acquiring a scalable bed is a profitable investment in the long term. Indeed, it allows:
- to adapt to the size and needs of the child ;
- to avoid buying a new bed each time the child grows up for an ecological approach;
- to ensure the comfort and serenity of the child;
- to prolong the life of his furniture ;
- to benefit from a modular and timeless furniture . Indeed, the design of this kind of bed is often very sober to integrate all deco environments and last in time.
Installation guide for an evolutionary bed
If the child can easily step over the bars of the bed, it’s time to turn the baby crib into a child’s bed. The whole thing consists of removing the bars, removing the boards and setting up the new side protection bars . These elements are essential to ensure the safety of the child. Make sure to carry out this work with great delicacy so as not to damage the often painted woodwork of the furniture.
The selection of the autumn of 2018 among Gautier furniture
Visuals: © Gautier
- Opt for a bed-office
- A bed that serves as storage and office
- This high bed allows to create a work space below
- High bed with another foldaway bed under the desk space
- Privilege two bunk beds with built-in storage to save space
- Choose a bed with integrated drawer for storing linen or sheets
- This bed has an offset drawer
Main criteria of choice
When buying an evolving bed, it is important to consider several fundamental points, namely:
- The type of suspension . The foam mattress offers for example a more comfortable sleeping to the child. The memory mattress, on the other hand, ensures the proper maintenance of the spine. The spring mattress also provides significant comfort. However, the upper part can sometimes cause some inconvenience when sleeping. Therefore, it is essential to properly garnish this part of the bed. Finally, the latex foam is hypoallergenic and perfect for fragile children.
- The size of the bed . There are progressive beds for babies ranging in size from 60 × 120 cm to 70 × 140 cm and children’s changing beds with a standard size of 90 x 140 cm. In general, the mattresses have an addition to the footboard to adapt to the size of the bedding deployed.
- The thickness of the mattress . It must adjust to the weight of the user. Professionals often recommend a thickness between 10 and 15 cm.
- The lining . Contributing to the comfort of the child, it can be synthetic or natural. It exists in cotton, wool, foam or silk. It is often advisable to opt for a double-sided mattress. The first side limits the inconvenience associated with perspiration in summer and the other side gives more warmth to the child in winter. The natural fiber ticking is one of the best choices in this field to promote sleeping breathing. It is also advisable to use a removable cover for hygienic reasons.
- The firmness of the mattress . The choice of this characteristic depends essentially on the size and weight of the child. The soft density mattress is perfect for babies and is also suitable for children. The recommended average density is 35 kg / m³. This type of mattress supports a maximum child of 50 kg for 1.5 m. The medium model, for its part, displays a density of 51 to 60 kg / m³. It is perfect for supporting the spine and the skeleton in general. The firm density mattress is not recommended for babies and children. Thus, from 70 kg / m³, sleeping is better for teenagers and adults.
Before buying a progressive bed: take into account the type of suspension, the size of the bed, the thickness of the mattress, its lining and its firmness. – © Mathy By Bols
Visual opening: A single bed convertible into a double bed © Gautier