Repainting in a house or apartment, it’s not just about walls, ceilings or moldings. Because today, there are solutions to paint everything, without exception! Pipes, radiators, floors, metals, glass … can be painted without difficulty if they have been well prepared and the implementation tips have been followed. This makes it possible to refurbish the parts at no excessive cost, such as for a bathroom for example, which you find outdated without being out of order. It is then possible, thanks to adapted products, to refresh it by painting the floor, the tiling and the toilets, and even the bath and the washbasin!
- Equipment: sponge, masking tape, epoxy paint, brush
- Estimated time: 2 hours then 24 hours of drying
Renovate your bathtub
- Start by cleaning the bathtub: the surface must be descaled, clean, dust-free and not greasy.
- Insist on corners, around faucets and outlets.
- Then sand the surface (including the corners) to remove the gloss.
- Also remove all stains and rust stains, for example with a rust remover.
- Splinters or scratches can be repaired with an epoxy paste or polyester putty.
- Rinse thoroughly with warm water and allow to dry.
Repaint your bathtub
Before painting, protect corners, holes and fittings with masking tape. Use to paint a two-component epoxy paint. This paint can be tinted.
- Mix the two components of the paint (resin and hardener), then let stand for 5 minutes to remove air bubbles.
- Start the application with a brush on the edges and corners, and continue with a roller.
- Allow to dry for 2 hours before applying the second coat.
- For the rest of the tile in the bathroom: start with the laundry.
- Rinse thoroughly with clear water, then dry the surfaces thoroughly.
- Mix the paint with a stick, insisting on the background to perfectly homogenize the paint. Renew the operation regularly.
- Start by painting the corners with a brush and then continue with a mini-roll. Cross the passes successively.
- Leave to dry for 24 hours.
- Without sanding, apply a second layer identical to the previous one. The complete drying takes place only after 24 hours.